Monday 14 January 2013

All Kinds of Firsts

My first blog.
My first post.
My first time in Vancouver.
My first grown up trip.
My first time wearing red lipstick.
First time wearing my bones skater dress from Domino Dollhouse.
First time eating a bacon-wrapped-deep-fried-hotdog with pineapple. (I'm not going to pretend I'm perplexed as to why I am a lovely sized 16.)


I know I might as well have taken pictures with a potato, but my cell phone was all I had with me. I'll get better at taking photos, and I'll get better at posing.

So how do I go about this?!

Dress: Domino Dollhouse (sold out, but they have some very similar styles in their latest Astralnauts collection!)
Belt: Ardene's (Who knew their stretchy m/l would fit a 1x/2x chick?!)
Not seen is my flower pattern fishnets from Zellerz, marc jacobs bow ring and plain black flats from God-only-knows-where.

 Victory curls (kind of). Trying to channel some Tess Munster sass here.

Lady Gaga was incredible. She even had a little bit of a double chin, which is like so fucking sexy and if she doesn't have to apologize for it, then neither do I.

My first closing thought: Whenever I go to a new place, I scan crowds for chubby/fat girls like myself. I'm comforted by fellow back-rolls. As long as I find someone, anyone, I feel like I am allowed to be there. Does anyone else do this? Is it unhealthy? Or simply natural?

P.S. - The writing will get better. I promise. I swear I took two years of writing in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment