Saturday 19 January 2013

Septum Piercing Thoughts + Review of Prince George Piercing Shop

Just a quick post. Practice makes perfect!

Although I already have an eyebrow and beauty-mark piercing, I have been lusting after the septum piercing for a while. The last piercing I got was a little ill-researched, and I ended up in the emergency room, but that's another story.

This Friday, before I bought the material for my Bina DIY, I stopped in to Ink Fetish tattoo & piercing to get a piece of metal shoved through my septum. I had e-mailed earlier, and they welcomed walk-ins, so I figured that evening was as good a time as any.

Just a quick review of the place: large, pretty clean, people walking all over the place. The piercer was short with me and running around crazed which totally didn't make me feel welcome or at ease about getting a piercing in a new place, especially after getting hurt so badly at the last piercing salon. She squeezed me in just before a tattoo, which was kind of nice but a little alarming that I was just a side thought. However, she took my money and I was in the chair before I could get too nauseous.

She sat me down, was super friendly and gave a 10/10 piercing. Unfortunately the door to the room was open and a girl who was waiting to get a tattoo stood in the door and watched. Didn't bother me, but if I were one to bitch, I would have asked for privacy. Seeing as I had a woman with her fingers shoved up my nostrils, I didn't care at that point.

I would recommend Ink Fetish, but only by appointment and only to those who aren't too nervous or shy. If it's your first time, or you're not sure about your piercing, go to Pacific Body Piercing. I got the consultation there for my septum, and I have had lots of friends pierced there. The couple who owns it are friendly, respectful and extremely knowledgeable. I would have gotten pierced there if not for my gift certificate.

The pain: It was quick, and hurt. It felt like million nose hairs being plucked from the same spot with a pair of flaming tweezers. No pain after, and no swelling. It doesn't even feel like it was recently pierced. Less painful than lip, more than eyebrow. Even less sore afterwards than when I got my EARS pierced.

I wish she hadn't taken my money first so I could have given her a tip, but I didn't think of that until the morning after.

This is a random video I pulled to see what it looked like.

I have to say, I am absolutely in love and it makes my chubby face just that much cuter.

Excuse the crazy out of shower hair + no make up. I tried to crop that shit out.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment